1. High ion selective permeability. The standard membrane has good selective permeability to anions and cations, and there is also a divalent ion selective permeability membrane, which can separate monovalent ions and multivalent ions
2. Low resistance. The ion exchange membrane has thin thickness, low resistance and low power consumption
3. With support material, high mechanical strength, easy to use
4. Strong chemical stability and long service life. 5. Excellent dimensional stability. Affected by changes in temperature, composition, concentration, etc., the small size changes are small
6. The diffusion coefficient is small. The diffusion movement of solute and solvent is controlled to a minimum value
7. It can separate monovalent ions and multivalent ions. Different types of membranes are selected to separate monovalent ions from multivalent ions in solution.
Ion membrane is a kind of polymer membrane containing ionic groups, which has the ability to selectively permeate ions in solution. It can show high electrolytic performance. All materials are composed of fluororesin. Has strong chemical stability. Because its ion-selective permeability is generally used in applications (the membrane allows cations to pass through and repels anions to move), it is also called ion-selective permeability membrane.
1. Water treatment: removal of various anions and cations in water, pure water treatment, etc.
2. Food industry: It can be used in industrial devices such as sugar, monosodium glutamate, alcohol refining, and biological products.
3. Pharmaceutical industry: It plays an important role in the development of a new generation of antibiotics and the quality improvement of the original antibiotics. The successful development of streptomycin is a prominent example. In recent years, there are also researches in the aspect of traditional Chinese medicine.
4. Synthetic chemistry and petrochemical industry: In organic synthesis, acids and bases are commonly used as catalysts for esterification, hydrolysis, transesterification, hydration and other reactions. The above-mentioned reaction can also be carried out by using ion exchange resin instead of inorganic acid and base, and has more advantages. For example, the resin can be used repeatedly, the product can be easily separated, the reactor will not be corroded, the environment will not be polluted, and the reaction can be easily controlled.
5. Environmental protection: The aqueous or non-aqueous solution contains toxic ionic or non-ionic substances, which can be recycled by resin. Such as removal of metal ions in electroplating waste liquid, recovery of useful substances in film production waste liquid, etc.
6. Hydrometallurgy and others: Ion exchange resin can separate, enrich, purify uranium and extract rare earth elements and precious metals from depleted uranium ore.